How do people keep blogging when they have their fingers in so many pies. I just can’t seem to do it. The more I have on, the more difficult it becomes to blog. Where should I focus?
Recently I have been:
- keeping an eye on CCK09 and trying to keep up with how CCKo9 participants have been taking learning into their own hands
- tutoring on two online courses – one an international course and one a course for company graduates
- working to support eight JISC projects
- posting to the http://www.networkedlearningconference.org.uk/ Hotseats
- attending (albeit as a lurker) the JISC online conference – at least two great keynotes in this
- working with a colleague from Birmingham University to develop an online resource to support working in communities of practice
- attending CPsquare online research Fests to see how ‘people out there’ are working in CoPs.
And all this doesn’t include listening to, supporting and learning from my three grown up children in all their wonderful projects and interests, visiting my 84 year old mother and hoping that I take every opportunity to keep close to her and learn from her in her declining years, keeping contact with my wider family and all their interests, keeping connected to my friends and ensuring that I don’t let these connections lapse, keeping connected to my wider interests which are mainly to do with art, choral music, gardening and travel.
Am I alone in wondering how I can keep up with all this? Recently I have felt that there is so much going on out there amonst so many really talented people, that I’m not sure what I could offer?
I thought the most recent CCKO9 participant Elluminate event (I didn’t attend – but listened to the recording), organised by participants, was a wonderful example of how a diverse group of people from across the globe can come together, share and learn from each other. Thank you to Frances, Ulop, Roy, John, Leila, Ailsa, Heli, Eduardo. I learned a lot from this session.
Still trying to work out what I am learning from all this – but I feel as though the fog is lifting slightly!