Kamakshi Rajagopal, Adriana Berlanga, and Peter Sloep March 19th – 23rd
This promises to be an interesting final Hotseat before the Networked Learning Conference due to take place in Maastricht next month.
Kamakshi Rajagopal has started the discussion off with these questions:
- Is our online learner identity really important for learning?
- Can we learn something about ourselves from the digital traces we are leaving on the Web? Can it tell something about how we are learning?
- Do we put only true information on the Web? Do we have double, triple, etc. identities? Is that ok or not?
- How does our online learner identity relate to our offline learner identity?
- What are the options we have to manage our online learner identity?
- Is the management of a learner identity an issue of technology, an issue of awareness, an issue of learner skills, or all of them?
- How can we deal with privacy, maximising the benefit to the learner and minimising the risk of information misuse?
I’m looking forward to following the discussion.