What a great idea – so much more satisfying than the usual alternative of declaring resolutions which we know we will never keep. This also completely fits with the glass half-empty perspective I have a natural tendency to adopt and which I have blogged about in the past.
So here are my non-resolutions – in no particular order.
- I will not be looking for or finding the elixir of youth!
- I will not join the ranks of the extroverts, even though I suspect this might have some advantages.
- I will not succeed in persuading my family to work in a soup kitchen on Christmas Day 2014. After years of talking about it, I suspect this is unlikely ever to happen, although I did manage to keep it all very low key this year and prove that it can still be enjoyable.
- I will not get to see Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, although I hope this might happen in 2015 or after. There are other places on my bucket list too, that will have to wait.
- I will not work out the meaning of life. Why on earth are we here and what is it all for?
- I will not read as much as I would like to and will continue to feel insufficiently informed about anything and everything🙂
- I will not be any more than an adequate photographer. After quite few stabs at it, courses etc., I have realised that all the associated technical stuff leaves me cold and takes the pleasure out of capturing the moment for me, i.e. snapping! I just need the memories, not the perfect photo.
- I will not get to have it all my own way – thankfully! It wouldn’t be good for me🙂
- I will not be joining the ds106 community despite having it recommended by people I respect – but thanks for this motivation to blog once more before the end of the year.
- I will not be able to stop questioning, every time I make a blog post, whether it was the right thing to do!
Happy New Year to anyone who ventures here and reads this post. May your 2014 be all you would wish for.